Through funding from the WIOA, the youth provider offers services in York County. The goal of the program is to assist youth, 17-24 years old, achieve academic and employment success.
Using WorkKeys, experienced counselors can assess your skills and match your talents with rewarding training or job opportunities. If your skill levels are not where they need to be, coaching and skill-building exercises will be available to improve your skill sets. We can even help you gain valuable work experience.
The youth services can help you improve your education and build your career, as well as help you get the support you need to live responsibly and productively.
- GED/High School Diploma
- Tutoring and study skills training
- Alternative secondary school services
- Occupational skills training
- Leadership development opportunities
- Supportive services (shoes, books, gas, tuition, etc.)
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Job readiness training
- WorkKeys, WIN, and TABE Testing
- Follow up services
- Job search and resume assistance
3 EASY STEPS TO DETERMINE ELIGILBILITY
- Contact youth provider in the county of residence
- Work with youth provider to obtain information needed for certification
- Make and attend an assessment appointment with a youth professional to develop an individual service plan
WHAT WILL WIOA OFFER YOU?
- An opportunity to fulfill your educational goals and advance your essential skills
- The support and encouragement of a caring staff that will help you reach all educational and professional goals
- Incentive for completing/obtaining your GED or Occupational Training Certificate
- Tuition for continuing education when you enroll in a certificate or degree program
- Opportunities to enter into paid work experiences
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR YOUTH CERTIFICATION
- Pre-assessment application
- Social Security Card
- SC Driver's License or SC State-issued ID
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Family Income (check stubs, SSI printout, etc.)
- Proof of School Status (withdrawal letter, diploma, etc.)
- Proof of individuals living in household (public assistance records, printouts, birth certificate for each family member, etc.)
- Males, age 17 or older, MUST have proof of selective service registration. (This can be performed at our office.)
- Military veterans should provide copy of DD214 Mem-4 if served on active duty for at 180 days.
For York County residence we are located at 546 S. Cherry Road, Suite S, Rock Hill, SC 29732 803-366-5302
All other counties please call your local youth provider for assistance or visit the SC Works website at www.scworkscatawba.com
Funded by the Catawba Workforce Investment Board
"Catawba Workforce Investment Board provides equal opportunity programs. Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. The hearing or speech impaired may call TTY Relay South Carolina at 1-800-735-2905 for assistance."