The Weatherization Assistance Program is the largest residental energy efficiency and retrofit program in the United States. It has been in existence since 1976 and its mission is to reduce energy cost to low-income persons using a whole-house approach to improve the energy efficiency of the home. Weatherization specialists use state of the art diagnostic equipment to reduce energy cost and improve the comfort and indoor quality of the home while ensuring the health and safety of the household.
What can Weatherization do for you?
We do following energy measures to help you lower your utility bill and help you save energy:
- Air seal windows
- Air seal doors
- Install attic and wall insulation
- Seal and insulate ducts
- Check refrigerators, stoves, and hot water heaters
- Install carbon monoxide monitors
- Install smoke detectors
- Install compact florescent light bulbs
- Service your central HVAC system
- Give you a 1 year supply of air filters
What we need from you when applying:
- Proof of income for everyone in the home for the past 30 days over the age of 18 years old
- Photo ID for everyone in the home for the age of 18 years old
- Social Security cards for everyone in the home
- Current utility bills (Gas/Electric/Propane)
Click here for Weatherization Income Guidelines.
Click here for contact information.